South Indian Bank is a private sector bank headquartered at Thrissur in Kerala, India. The Bank has 871 branches, 4 service branches, 53 extension counters, and 20 Regional Offices spread across India. If you are having a bank account in South Indian Bank and need any help related to the product and services. The bank offers a toll-free number for any type of query and complaint related to South Indian Bank services.
South Indian Bank Customer Care Helpline Number
Please Call SIB 24X7 helpline number i.e. 18001029408 (Toll Free India) or 18004251809 (BSNL)(Toll Free India) or 91-484-2388555 for NRI customers. Toll-free numbers are accessible from all landlines and mobile phones in the country.
Also, you can an email to South Indian Bank customer support executive at [email protected]
Foreign Exchange Advisory Cell
Advisory services on FEMA and Trade Finance activities shall be provided through the Cell to the general public. Bank’s customers as well as general public can avail the service of Foreign Exchange Advisory Cell at Treasury Mumbai and International Banking Division, Kochi.
The dedicated telephone numbers for this service are:
Treasury Mumbai – 022 67868880
IBD, Kochi – 0484- 2355499/2368476/29535051
Mobile – 09072448899
Suspected Fraud Risk Reporting
Email at – [email protected], Ph – 0487-2421297, Dept HO Inspection & Vigilance
If you forgot your PNB bank atm card PIN, the bank offers multiple ways to generate your Debit Card PIN anytime through the nearest PNB Bank ATM, PNB Mobile app, PNB Internet Banking, or by calling on PNB Bank Phone Banking helpline number. Just follow the below steps to recover the PNB bank card PIN through different ways.
But for this service, your mobile number, and Date of Birth must be registered with the bank. Please contact your nearest PNB Bank branch for registering these details if not registered already.
How to Generate/Reset PNB Bank Debit/ATM Card PIN Online
In the online method, you should have an active PNB account number, atm card number, and mobile number which is linked to your account. If you have all these details then you can easily reset your PNB ATM PIN easily. You can follow the below steps to reset online your PNB Bank ATM PIN.
- Step 1) Before initiating this process Send SMS DCPIN <16 digit Debit Card Number> to 5607040 or +919264092640 from your registered mobile number to receive the 6 digits green PIN. When you will send this SMS, A message will receive on your number with 6 digits PIN. Note down that PIN, because it is a very important code to reset PNB ATM PIN online.
- Step 2) Open the https://www.netpnb.com/ website and select the “Generate Debit Card PIN” option.
- Step 3) In the next step, it will ask you to enter the account number linked to your debit card and verify details with 4 digit OTP password.
- Step 4) After verifying these detail it will display the account holder name and a few other details like debit card number and green PIN. In that field enter your 16 digit ATM card number and Green PIN and proceed.
- Step 5) When you will complete this process, it will ask you to enter set up your new PIN.
If your Axis Bank ATM/Debit card is lost or theft by somebody, the cardholder shall immediately Block/Hotlist his /her card to avoid any misuse for safety reasons. Axis bank offers multiple ways to block card. You can block your ATM card by calling on Axis Bank toll-free number or sending SMS based code from the registered mobile number or use alternative ways.
How to Block Axis Bank ATM/Debit Card
1. To block your Axis Bank ATM card by sending SMS, type BLOCKCARD in the message and send it to 5676782 or +919717000002 from your registered mobile number in the Bank. You can raise your card block request with the toll-free number as well.
2. Call on the Axis Bank Emergency Helpline Number +91-22-67987700; Axis Bank Customer Service Executive will assist you.
3. You can block the ATM card By contacting any Axis branch.
4. Login to your Internet Banking account and select ‘Block Card’ option in the Debit Cards section.
5. Login to Axis Mobile App. Visit Banking>Services>Debit Cards> Block & Replace
How to Block Axis Bank Credit Card
To block your Axis Bank credit card by sending an SMS to 5676782 from your registered mobile number. i.e: BLOCK <XXXX> (last 4 digits of your credit card number) from your registered mobile number.
Also, You can call on toll-free number 1860 419 5555 & 1860 500 5555.
Additional Info Related to Axis Bank Services
To avail, send an SMS with the specified keyword to the SMS Banking number 5676782 or 9717000002.
Standard Chartered is a British multinational banking financial service company operating banking business in more than 70 countries. If you are holding an account in SC bank then you can use the below given Standard Chartered Bank support number for any support of your query.
Standard Chartered Bank Personal banking Helpline Number
Standard Chartered Bank Phone banking service helps to report of loss card, unauthorized transaction, charge dispute or in an emergency, you can contact on the below given number for the help. Below helpline number is available between 8.00 a.m. to 08.00 p.m
- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune – 6601 4444/ 39404444
- Allahabad, Amritsar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Cochin / Ernakulam, Coimbatore, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Kanpur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Nagpur, Patna, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara – 6601 444/ 3940 444
- Gurgaon, Noida – 011 – 66014444 / 011 – 39404444
- Jalgaon, Guwahati, Cuttack, Mysore, Thiruvananthpuram, Vishakhapatnam, Mathura, Proddatur, Dehradun, Saharanpur – 1800 345 1000 (For domestic dialing within India only)
- Siliguri – 1800 345 5000 (For domestic dialing within India only)
Standard Chartered Bank Premium Banking Helpline Number
- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune 66011500/
- Allahabad, Amritsar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Kanpur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Nagpur, Patna, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara 6601150/3940150
- Gurgaon & Noida 011-66011500/011-39401500
- Jalgaon, Guwahati, Cuttack, Mysore, Thiruvananthapuram, Vishakhapatnam, Proddatur, Dehradun, Mathura, Saharanpur, Thane 1800 425 1000
- Siliguri (Toll-free, call from BSNL lines only 1800 345 5000
Standard Chartered Bank is committed to making your banking with us a pleasant experience and values your feedback:
- Visit at : http://www.sc.com/in
- Email at : [email protected]
- Write at : Standard Chartered Bank, Customer Care Unit, 19 Rajaji Salai, Chennai 600 001
Standard Chartered Bank Customer Care Premium Banking Helpline Number
- Allahabad, Amritsar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Cochin / Ernakulam, Coimbatore, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Kanpur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Nagpur, Patna, Rajkot, Surat – 3940161 / 6601161
- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune – 66011616 / 39401616
- Gurgaon, Noida – 011–66011616 / 011-39401616
- Jalgaon, Guwahati, Mysore, Thiruvananthpuram, Vishakhapatnam, Proddatur, Dehradun, Saharanpur, Siliguri – 1800-425-0109 / 1800-3000-1616
You can write at: [email protected]
Standard Chartered Bank International Banking Helpline Number
|United Arab Emirtates
|United States of America (New York)
||+91 80 42896753 (ISD rates apply)
Standard Chartered Bank Helpline Number For Corporate, Institutional & Commercial Banking Clients
- 1800 266 2888 / 1800 103 2888 (Corporate Clients Only)
- Mumbai – Client Services Group, CRESCENZO Building, 3rd Floor, C-38/39, G Block, Behind MCA Club, Bandra Kula Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai 400051, India
- Gurgaon – Client Services Group, 2nd Floor, Building No. 7A, DLF Cyber City, Sector – 24/25/25A, Gurgaon 122002, India, Email at – [email protected]
Hours of Operation : Mon – Sat, 9.00 am – 6.00 pm, except for 2nd and 4th Sat, Sun & bank holidaysExtended Hours for Corporate Online Banking Channel Support (Straight2Bank Online Portal): Helpline: 1800 266 7111 / 1800 103 7111, Mon – Sat, 6.00 pm – 7.00 pm, except for 2nd and 4th Sat, Sun & bank holidays
For more help, you can follow given links
State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It offers all the depository and credit services to the customer and it is the largest bank in India. If you are holding an account in SBI then you can use the below given State bank of India support number for any support of your query.
State Bank of India Customer Care Helpline Number
Please Call on SBI’s 24X7 toll free helpline number i.e. 1800 11 2211, 1800 425 3800 (toll-free), or tolled number 080-26599990. Toll-free and tolled numbers are accessible from all landlines and mobile phones in the country.
Also, you can write a letter to the SBI Customer Service Department – State Bank of India, State Bank Bhavan, 16th Floor, Madam Cama Road, Mumbai 400 021, Tel: 022-22029456, Fax: 022 22742431
State Bank of India Principal Nodal Officer Contact
General Manager Customer Service,
State Bank of India, State Bank Bhavan, 6th Floor, Madam Cama Road, Mumbai 400 021, Fax: 022 22742431
State Bank of India Customer Care SMS Service
||File a complaint
||Check your balance
||Block your ATM Card
||Generate new ATM PIN
State Bank of India Corporate Center Contact
- The Chairman, State Bank of India, State Bank Bhavan, Madam Cama Road, Mumbai 400 021, Fax: 022 22742430
- The Dy General Manager, Customer Service Department, State Bank of India, State Bank Bhavan, 16th Floor, Madam Cama Road, Mumbai 400 021, Fax: 022 22742431, Email – [email protected]
Syndicate Bank is one of the oldest and major commercial banks of India. But On 1st April 2020, the bank was merged into Canara Bank. The bank was known as Canara Industrial and Banking Syndicate Limited. If you are a customer of any of the bank and need any help then the customer can contact the below-given helpline number.
Syndicate & Canara Bank Customer Care Helpline Number
Syndicate Bank customers can call on the 24×7 helpline number 1800 3011 3333 (toll-free), or 1800 208 3333 for a query related to Mobile Banking/Internet Banking/UPI/Hot-listing of Debit Cards. Toll-free numbers are accessible 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on all working days with all landlines and mobile phones in the country.
For Debit card transaction-related disputes call on 080-22073835. Write an Email on below-given mail for any Debit Card related help [email protected]
For Hot-listing of Credit Cards and other enquiries related to CC, Call on 1800225092 (Toll free for BSNL/MTNL landlines) 022-40426003 / 080-22073800. Write an Email on below-given mail for any Credit Card related help [email protected]
- In case of any complaint, the matter shall be first brought to the notice of the concerned Branch Manager for immediate redressal.
- If the complaint is not redressed to the satisfaction of the customer, the matter may be taken up with the Regional Manager concerned (who are the Nodal Officers for complaints at our Regional Offices) at their contact address.
- If the complainant is still not satisfied with the responses received, he can address his complaint to the concerned Zonal Office & after that to Nodal Officer at Corporate Office Bangaluru at the address given below giving full details of the case.
Smt. K Kalyani, Dy. General Manager, Syndicate Bank, Corporate Office, Business Strategy & Planning Department, Syndicate Bank Building, 2nd Cross, Gandhinagar, Bengaluru – 560009, Phone: 080-22260281, Fax: 080-22208960 or
Lodge a complaint in our Online Grievance Redressal & Feedback System portal through URL: https://ogrs.syndicatebank.in/customerlogin
Call on the Syndicate Bank customer support number for General enquiries 080-22260281 (10.00 am to 5.00 pm on all working days). Also, you can write your queries in the mail on [email protected].
Canara Bank Customer can call on the 1800 425 0018, 1800 103 0018, 1800 208 3333, 1800 3011 3333
Now check your South Indian bank detailed transaction report through the SIB M-Passbook app or customers who are using iPhone, Android, Windows, and Blackberry smartphone can download South Indian Bank M-Passbook app from the store to check your SB and CD account transactions detail. Just follow the below step to check your SIB account mini statement detail or you can check the mini statement detail by sending SMS.
Note:- The initial PIN number (password) of the customer is the last four digit of his 16 digit primary account number. Once the customer changes the PIN number, then he/she must use the new number as the PIN.
How to Check South Indian Bank Mini Statement Enquiry through SMS
To check South Indian bank account mini statement detail through message, type in message TRNXXXX (TRNXXXX where TRN is the Keyword, XXXX is the PIN) and send it to 919840777222 (International Customers/Indian Customers) or 09840777222 from the registered mobile number in the bank. When you will send a message, you will immediately receive the information as an automatic SMS reply from the Bank. If you need any help related to South Indian bank product and services then you can call on the South Indian Bank 24×7 customer care helpline number.
How to Check South Indian Bank Mini Statement Enquiry through App
- Download the SIB M-Passbook app on your smartphone.
- Open the application and enter your mobile number, with country code, and the last 5 digits of your SB/CD account to register in the App.
- A 4 digit mPIN /passcode will be generated and sent to your registered mobile. Enter your mPIN to complete the registration process.
- Please note down the mPIN which is very important to access the SIB M-Passbook app.
- Now you can check your mini statement from the app.
Admit it – if you forgot your SBI bank atm card PIN and don’t know what to do now to reset the SBI card PIN. SBI bank offers multiple options to reset the SBI card PIN anytime through the nearest SBI Bank ATM, SBI Mobile app, Internet Banking, or by calling SBI Bank Phone Banking. You can follow the below steps to recover the SBI bank card PIN in different ways.
But to use this service, your mobile number and Date of Birth must be registered with the bank. Please contact your nearest SBI Bank branch for registering these details if not registered already.
How to Generate/Reset SBI Bank Debit/ATM Card PIN Through SBI ATM
- Step 1) Visit the nearest SBI Bank ATM and Insert the debit card in the ATM and select the ‘PIN Generation‘ option.
- Step 2) Now it will ask you to enter your 11-digit account number and click ‘Confirm‘.
- Step 3) You will be asked for your registered mobile number, enter the same, and press ‘Confirm‘.
- Step 4) In the next screen, it will display the message ‘Your green PIN will be shortly delivered to your registered mobile number’.
- Step 5) Press ‘Confirm’ to see another message which says ‘Your Green PIN generation has been successful and you will receive the same on your mobile number’.